You know what’s scaring the crap out of me?
She’s growing up so quickly. It seems she has gone through a massive developmental milestone in the last couple of weeks. She seems so much more… adult like. She understands more (I’ve been waiting to communicate for so long!) and has picked up new skills that I don’t even know where she learnt them from Her personality shines through more and more with each Wonder Week. I love watching her learn and explore, play and grow. It’s a shame we don’t have memories of this age.
I’ve come here to list some things that stick out about her at the moment:
- She laughs at the blender, vacuum cleaner and loud noises in general.
- She likes to fall backwards. It took a few times for her to realize she can’t do it on the floorboards – it’s an activity best reserved for the bed or couch.
- She walks around with her hand to her ear (sometimes holding an object, even a phone) pretending to be on the phone. If the phone rings, she says “eh” “EH” “EH” “eh” “eh” while touching her ear and makes any conversation with the caller fairly difficult for me.
- She is still obsessed with popcorn. I pop it at home, add a drizzle of good quality oil and some nutritional/savoury yeast.
- Her love affair with The Wiggles has begun. She loves that “Do The Propeller” song and “Big Red Car”.
- She is completely inconsistent with her naps. Yesterday she did a solid 4 hour block. Today was not even 1 hour. She’s killin’ me.
- She’s always getting into trouble for biting. She bites everything – the couch, the pillow case, my arm, the remote, herself, her drink bottle, the bean bag, iPhone cables… you name it. And not a typical baby suck and dribble… no this is a damn good bite. Sometimes she even clamps down and then pulls, until the object (god forbid, my nipple) slides through her teeth under extreme duress. I can’t even blame teething.
- She is damn fast. She started walking at 10 months. These days she runs everywhere. So fast that sometimes I lose her. She’s a sneaky little thing.
- She thinks farts are funny. As in, her own farts. She’s starting to become more bodily aware. And bodily function aware. The fun begins!
- She already gets bored inside when it rains. Don’t we all!