1. Videos like this. Makes me feel so grateful for my baby girl. A friend lost her newborn last year, it (and videos like this) make me feel like the luckiest girl in the world. Put down your phone, turn the telly off and really enjoy your kids. Take in every little detail. Say “I love you”. Appreciate them.
2. The rain. After a 4 day heatwave of 38 degrees and above, it’s now cool and raining. The fan is off overnight for the first time this month. Olivia is in a onsie, and I’m wearing socks! The land is getting a good soaking, my fruit and veg are loving it. Waking to the sound of rain will always be blissful.
3. My Dad. Photography is his hobby and Olivia is perhaps one of his favourite subjects to shoot. And I won’t complain! I have so many great quality photos of my daughter thanks to him (and not just my iPhone quality ones). Very very thankful for this!
4. Smoothies. I’d be twice this size and very unhealthy if I didn’t have a blender to create smoothies. It’s my go-to meal when I’m out of time or just can’t be bothered cooking. Thank god for smoothies, no excuse for junk food! Pictured below is a pear and kiwi fruit combo.
5. Cherry Tomatoes growing in my front garden again. Last summer I was getting almost 2 cups worth every day! The plant was there when we moved in, and I suspect it’s originated from a bird dropping. Who cares, they are the tastiest cherry toms I’ve ever had. We dug the garden up over winter but somehow they are growing again. Happy days!
Every Thursday I’m posting 5 things I’m thankful for. Practicing the art of being grateful is something we should all be doing. Oprah Winfrey said it best:
“Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.”
Being grateful will bring you happiness and peace in life. It can turn a negative into a positive. If you don’t believe me, try it yourself. Join in on Thankful Thursdays by blogging your thankfuls or using Instagram (hashtag me!).
What are your thankfuls this week?