While the baby sleeps, I shall write! In bullet point form…
- I’m really considering creating an eBook of recipes. I’m looking into the best programs to use and all that boring stuff. It’s been suggested to me many times by friends and strangers on Instagram and if I don’t rush myself or stress out about it, I think it’ll be worthwhile! It’s can be easily downloaded and even printed. Winning.
- I’m sitting here with so many posts I want to write. So many stories and pictures I want to share. But I’ve hit a wall. I have to make a decision – do I share pictures of O or do I keep her face private and off my blog?
- She is on my personal Facebook and personal Instagram account. Security settings for both of these are at their highest, but it doesn’t stop someone who can view them from saving or sharing them. This blog will have no filling, no back bone, no soul if I don’t. There’s no point in blogging!If I want to write more about my life and daily happenings, I will have to share O. She is my day to day life.
- This morning I made the Buckwheat and Maca Pear Bread from The Whole Pantry app. The presentation isn’t the best, I got the batter all over the pears. And I had to cook it 20 minutes extra than the recipe said. But I’m quite proud of it, despite how ridiculously simple it was to make! It’s one of those creations that will impress everyone but only you know it only had 2 steps in the method, hah! I’m not a maca fan so hopefully the taste is disguised by the 2 whole pears I put in it. Yeah, WHOLE pears!
- Veggies are growing like crazy. I have to bring some spinach and lettuce in tomorrow before they get eaten by some little critter. My strawberries never grew from seed 😦 Growing my own food is giving me the strangest thrill. There’s nothing more satisfying right now than watering them and watching them grow. They change so much in just one day. I’m even willing to try some flowers next. Ooh.
Okay that’s all for now!
|The local fire along a ridge at night time. Photo by Michael Bros.
Blogging rule #304 –
Don’t ever leave your blog for almost 10 days. With not even one word of an update. With no sign of life!
I do apologize! I was halfway through writing new posts – recipes in fact – when a fire came through our local town. It was very very close to taking many houses out. It turned cars and boats to mere shells, and flames were 15 meters above tree tops. My little town has less than 1000 people in it. The fire jumped the road and the northerly winds were gusting at almost 100km/h – straight towards us! So we left. It’s best to be safe when there is only one road in and out of our tiny town (that road being on a ridge top, surrounded by gullys of bush!). The police told us to leave, so we did, but we came back that night to sleep. The fire lasted for almost a week and now it’s raining so I’m assuming it’s pretty safe now.
And then after all that hype and scare died down, my internet isn’t working properly. In fact, it doesn’t work at all on my PC and works whenever it feels like it on my laptop. I have no idea what it’s problem is, but all my “blog stuff” is on my desktop!
Let me make it up by promising you I will announce the winner from our Jack and Jill competition
tomorrow in a brand spanking new blog post. If you haven’t entered yet, now is your last chance!
|The fire approaching my house, before we evacuated.
Homemade Hippies is a blog that has come to be after gathering an interest and following on Instagram.
Parenthood has brought the hippie out in myself and my husband and I’ve developed a passion for developing healthy meals and snacks using ingredients that nourish the body. What kind of recipes, you ask? Some key words that will give you an idea are raw, organic, vegan, superfoods, and most importantly of all… delicious.
I’ve been feeling it’s time to share our lives on a larger scale. And not just recipes, although that is the main concept of this blog. But also posts on parenting, humour, renovations, personal happenings and more. Of course to keep your interest I’ll add plenty of pictures. I’m hoping this little blog will be a bit of an all-rounder!
So please join us in this adventure. Have a look at my recipes, chuckle at us blindly doing this parenting thing, and be inspired to live a healthier, happier, homemade hippy life.