1. Baby kisses. Olivia comes up to me, bends down and tilts her head so her face is into mine and smooches me. This happens multiple times a day, without any encouraging from me, and she’ll do it at the most random of moments. That element of surprise makes it all the more endearing I think. There is honestly nothing I love more in the world right now than these moments. What a beautiful little soul she is ❤
2. Nature. I live in a beautiful part of the world but I don’t appreciate it enough. The past two weekends have seen the Hubby and I stopping off at some lookouts in the region. I’ve lived in this area since 1992 (coming and going in my teens) and it still blows me away. The views are breathtaking. I’ve also been posting the images on Instagram lately.
3. Books for the soul. I feel thankful to be open minded, to have many teachers in my life, to read inspiring books and blogs… to open my mind to changing my mind, learning skills of the mind. I feel like others are missing out on some great secret I (and like-minded others) know. I’ve been reading books like Hero (by the same author as The Secret) and The Desire Map. Life changing stuff, honestly. I feel so lucky to even have the knowledge that these books exist! Get onto them, peeps.
4. Air conditioning. Holy shit it’s been hot. And it’s going to continue to be hot. How would I get my baby to sleep without the AC cranking? How would I breastfeed without her face sticking to my boobs? These are (thankfully) questions I won’t have to answer thanks to the beauty of air conditioning.
5. Mum. She only lives 10 minutes away and I’d be lost without her sometimes. Lately she has spent time with Olivia while I get things done and rest because I am feeling so drained the past 2 weeks. If she didn’t live so nearby, I’d have no one to watch Olivia. Imagine?! It may only be for 2 or 3 hours but it can make the world of difference to this tired Mumma.
Every Thursday I’m posting 5 things (or more) I’m thankful for. Practicing the art of being grateful is something we should all be doing. Oprah Winfrey said it best:
“Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.”
Being grateful will bring you happiness and peace in life. It can turn a negative into a positive. If you don’t believe me, try it yourself. Join in on Thankful Thursdays by blogging your thankfuls or using Instagram (hashtag me!).
What are your thankfuls this week?